Freelance Java EE Developer, Team Leader
Born and raised in Steszew, I graduated from Poznan University of Technology with a master of science degree in Computer Science in 2007 and have been working on software development projects since.
When not enchanting software to run flawlessly, I enjoy (offline) socialising and cycling. I'm also pretty attached to my two main time consumers: Kindle & PS3.
- Robert Nowak
Software development for top investment banks - GFT (formerly Rule Financial) in PoznanFeb 2013 - onwards
Big data project in secure lending area (2014-onwards)
- Technical team leader, responsible for gathering requirements, design and implementation supervision.
- JEE 7, Oracle Coherence, Spring Framework.
Risk-assessment platform (2013-2014)
- Appointed to be main Java developer on one of a delivery streams that built up to a risk-assessment platform. Designing the project architecture, code implementation and supervision, communication with the client
- JEE 6 and 7, OSGI 4.2, Spring Framework 3, financial libraries
Software development for RocheOct 2011 - Feb 2013
Systems integration platform (ongoing)
- Created a message-driven data exchange system for the integration of Roche's heterogeneous systems.
- JEE 6, OSGI 4.2, Spring Batch 2, Spring Integration 2, JBOSS A.S 7
Design and development of CMS templates based on CQ5
- Member of a software development team responsible for creating CMS system architecture using Adobe's Communique 5 platform including OSGI and Velocity-based solutions for customizable mailing.
- Liaised with clients and content managers to create a coherent solution within the time schedule.
- Successfully applied good software creation, test, release and maintenance practices acquired when working in large scale systems.
- JEE 6, Adobe CQ5, JCR, Sling
Baroo SoftwareJun 2010 – Sept 2011
Created a software product for a specialist provider of SEPA payment solutions for banks and corporations across Europe as a member of a team based in Poznan, Poland
- Worked as a part of a UK-based development team, gained experience and practice in outsourcing.
- Began work as a developer, promoted to a Team Lead role.
- Participated in remote planning and task estimation sessions as a team leader of the Polish group.
- Implemented Maven profile-based code to minimize code redundancy while still creating a client-specific output including different work flows.
- Conducted interviews with technical developers, evaluated candidates and took part in employment decision-making.
- Created a multi-tier transactional implementation for various payment file formats
- Implemented security mechanisms to prevent XSS attacks.
- JEE 5, Hibernate 3, Spring 3, Eclipse 3, Maven 2.
Team Manager, Comarch S.A.Oct 2008 – May 2010
Development and management of development teams creating enterprise Java software for the banking sector.
- Participated in the creation of the software requirements analysis and managed a team of 5 developers creating a multi-tier life insurance product. Scheduled and supervised the work in progress, liaised with the clients to ensure a smooth flow of information. Responsible for the quality of the end-product.
- Redesigned, coded and supervised the software architecture that allowed for using the existing claims system in a new project by inheriting and extending core modules while removing performance bottleneck by implementing a distributable thin client solution.
- Promoted to the position of the Project Manager when supervising three projects in maintenance phase. Reorganized the support flow, negotiated software release delivery with clients, motivated co-workers and reduced lead time and a growing queue of pending issues to meet the deadline set out in the contract.
- JEE5, ComarchESB, Spring, GWT 1.4, Jboss 4, Oracle DB, Hibernate 3.
JEE Developer, Comarch S.A.May 2008 – Sept 2008
Development of banking software solutions.
- Implemented a non-life insurance solution for a bank.
- Provided test-driven development and basic application servers configuration.
- Promoted to Team Leader for a new life insurance project.
- JEE 5, Tomcat 5, WASCE, Apache HTTP Server, Eclipse.
JEE Developer, Rodan Systems S.A.Mar 2006 – Apr 2008
Began work as a last year student, continued after graduation.
- Participated in the creation of Public Information Bulletin as a Junior Software Developer,.
- Implemented documents management software for the Polish public service as a Software Developer,.
- J2EE 1.4, Struts 1, JSP, Eclipse, XSLT, CVS.
Master’s degree in Computer Science2006 - 2007
Poznań University of Technology
final grade: 5/5
Computer Science Engineer2002 - 2006
Poznań University of Technology
final grade: 4.5/5
- Java Software Development
- Team management
- Algorithms design
- Enterprise Java
- Oracle Coherence
- Tomcat 5, 6
- JBOSS AS 4, 7
- Adobe CQ5
- JSP 2
- Oracle DB 11g
Dealt with in the past
- Struts 1
- EJB 3
- jBPM 4
- Apache Sling
- MySQL 5
- JUnit 4
- EasyMock 3
- JBoss ESB
- JBoss Drools 4
- Linux (everyday user)
- Eclipse 3, Intelij Idea
- SVN, CVS, Git
Go ahead and contact me using contact form or the information on the profile page.
- Website: www.robertnowak.pl